Thursday, February 11, 2010

My Grandma


My sweet grandmother passed away a week ago today. She was a very sweet lady. She was funny and caring. She was a wonderful grandmother and because of her I am here. I am going to miss her. She was a beautiful lady that was tough as nails. She loved her family so much and we all knew that. I am so grateful for her. We have so much to be thankful for in having her.
Things I love about her are the memories. She used to keep me when my parents were at work. I remember throwing a tantrum at about age 3 or 4. I threw a whopper of a tantrum. I was laying face down on the floor kicking my legs and pounding my fists (I saw Wiley Coyote do that). My grandma was on the phone and kept stepping right over me like she didn't see me. After a few minutes I just got up on my own and I never did that again. She was the kind of lady that made you pick out your own switch, she could make you a meal out of anything, and could squint her eye in just the right way to let you know you were in big trouble. She was generous and giving to her family.

I love her so much. She was so beautiful in every way.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry for your loss. What a lovely post filled with beautiful pictures of your grandma. Grandmas are the greatest thing a child can have and what a blessing to have had yours for this long, I wish I could say the same for me but it was not in my cards. Stay strong!
    (((((BIG hugs))))) my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a beautiful tribute to a lovely lady. I'm so sorry for your loss. It sounds as if she has left you a beautiful store of memories and a legacy of beauty. I hope you find peace with your loss.

    ReplyDelete