Monday, May 25, 2009

My Weekend and some LO's

Hey Everybody! Happy Memorial Day! We are about to drive over to Destin to the beach! YEAH! But I wanted to check in with you guys before we left.

My weekend was good. I had a surprise! My mom called last Monday and said they were coming in for the weekend. My mom, grandma and step-dad flew in on Friday and stayed until yesterday afternoon. My grandma will be 93 this year. She is so cute and funny! She likes to joke around and laugh. My mom is constantly moving. She was constantly sweeping or cleaning something, even the cobwebs on the OUTSIDE of the house! My step-dad has to be one of the most gentle and laid back men on the planet. We drove over to the beach but they just wanted to peak at the beach. They got out and walked to the end of the pier, looked at the water, turned around and got back in the car! That was enough for them! We had a good time with them here, and the kids loved their being here! My little one talked theirs heads off and just like grandparents do, they listened intently. My oldest tried to rat me out to my mother and it worked! Yeah, we are tough parents and I am NOT going to apologize for it. I do what I do 'cause I have to not because I want to. How is it that my mother used to take NO crap off me and then she became a grandmother and thinks I'm too hard? Grandparents! They are a trip! Gotta love 'em. Oh wait, I am know remembering my grandmother getting me out of a few tight spots with Mom......Grandparents rock!

Also, here are a few pics of some layouts I did for Scraphappy. The LOs are really simple and easy for anyone. I like how they turned out. My favorite part of this one is the pink tone in the photo. Yes, pink can work for guys!

On this one I really like the photo. It was taken in the "negative" format. It is my son jumping off my sofa onto my sofa cushions. He knows better, but he did it anyway! Then had the audacity to get his sisters to take pictures of him jumping off my sofa! But it made a cool layout (I was inspired by Haberdawoman). You can't tell from the photos but I used foil letters and foil paper.

Here are the other two LO's.

No comments:

Post a Comment