Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Party is Finally Over....

...sort of! This weekend was a BAWL!!!! Y'all Renee came down to visit me and let's just say we enjoyed ourselves. It took me all of Sunday and Monday to recuperate from staying up late. She arrived Thursday evening around 7:30 and by 8:30 that evening we were off to Maurice's, TJ Maxx and Target! Renee got this AWESOME black dress, it is sooooo fly y'all. She looked amazing in it! She better take a pic in it and I'll post it. If they had it my size I would have gotten one and then acted senial when my husband saw the charges! It was that kind of dress! Anyway, we returned home and started scrapbooking and talking...that lasted 'til 4 am. Not to mention that Renee gave me my birthday gifts. Check it out.

That's right, she got me another Vera Bradley purse with matching wallet. (She got me a fly pink back pack by Vera Bradley at Christmas.)

She also got me these Tim Holtz Stamps that are so off the hook, and the best white opaque stamping ink that I have ever seen. Plus, she knows I am trying to amp-up my makeup game, so she got me a ULTA gift card, too. Renee is like the best gift giver on the planet...like EVER! She totally rocks all the way around. Too bad for you guys that you can't have her be your friend, too. She is so fun and funny. I love my friend lots and lots! I think my husband's gift-giving has come up since having her as my friend...I think he tries to "out gift" her (which is really a challenge). I just "hate" to be in the middle of such gift-giving competition. Poor me.... hee-hee-hee!

Friday morning after 2 hours of sleep I got my oldest up and off to school and then tried to rest...that was useless. By 11am Renee and I were off to ScrapHappy in Pensacola to pick up a few goodies.
I also swung by Hobby Lobby and picked up a set of Elsie stamps on clearance. I love clearance, don't you? We scrapbooked til midnight. By then I was literally sick from being so tired.

Saturday we were off to the beach by 11am and Renee and I laid on that beautiful beach until 4pm. It was wonderful. Just me, Renee, my iPod and the ocean (plus some snacks). It was nice to hang out with just my gal pal. No husbands, no kids. Plus, I actually did not have on a sweater this time. It was a warm 87 degrees with blue skies. I am sure I am 3 shades darker--gotta love that!

After the beach we came home, got dressed up and went to dinner and a movie. We saw Ghosts of Girlfriends Past...save your money on that one girls. Can you say LAME!? Ugh. Anyway, dinner was nice, we ate at Skopelos on the Bay. The stinky part is that I have no pictures of my weekend. What kind of scrapper am I? There was just too much fun to be had to fiddle with a camera!

Well ladies, my birthday party will be over for sure this weekend when I get a massage at the spa and go spend my ULTA gift card. Yep, the party will be over for sure. Yet, I still look forward to my scrapbook weekend at the end of June. We are going here for some fun.

Thanks for looking ladies and have a wonderful day. See ya' tomorrow! I promise that my blog slacking is over!

1 comment:

  1. Go on party girl!
    Looks like you had one of the greatest Bday's evah! And those gifts were freaking awesome. Hope this week continues to be great to you!

    ReplyDelete