Wednesday, April 22, 2009

I took the BASB challenge

Haberdawoman gave a shout out to a challenge on her blog the other day, so I went here and decided to give it a try. It sounded really fun! It will make you want to create!

Here is my layout:

Something Old: The yellow Felt Fusion by Queen & Co.

Something New: Cosmo Cricket Paper-Girl Friday; I also tried a new technique of tracing and painting (the little bumble bee) with an Exacto knife and Making memories paint that gave the bee a 3-D effect.

Something Borrowed: My baby girl's little fingers for finger print birds. (See below)

Something Blue: Blue ink for the flower and the finger print birds.

I like the way it turned out. The journaling says: Elizabeth decided to pick a flower and smell it. Little did she know that she would have pollen under her nose.

Thanks for looking. Have a wonderful Wednesday!

3 comments:

  1. Girl you SO rocked this challenge and I am LOVING the hell out of those little birds made with your daughter's fingers...I predict that some one (me) will be doing those little birds with our girls. Thanks for the idea and an even BIGGER THANKS for supporting my girl La Verne's challenge. Have a great week, the weekend is almost here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how u rawked my challenge! So glad my girl, Maryangella inspired you to play along. And I have to agree with her, those little fingerprint birdies are too cute! I need to see if my little one will play along and let me borrow his fingers :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work girl. I love it all!

    ReplyDelete