Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Three Things

I wanted to share with you all three new things that I am doing.

#1. I joined Toastmasters recently at the prompting of my husband. He's been doing it for 2 years and I have had to listen to my share of speeches. However, last night was my first speech. We loaded up the kids and off we went. They watched me deliver my first speech and my husband said he was so proud of me. He was grinning at me the whole time, and I felt like he was proud of me.When it was over I received really good feedback. I felt like I did a good job. Here are some pics of me before my speech (I was not that nervous) and during. Can't you just imagine what I am saying! My speech was in Introductory/Ice breaker Speech.

#2. I ran my first 1.75 miles yesterday. You have to understand, I have never run 1.75 miles....like EVER! I've walked more but never ran. So this is a big deal to me. I have never understood people who run for fun, but I want to be one.

#3. My husband and I started the Love Dare. A guy he knows was raving about how wonderful it has been, so my Sweetie thought we should do it, too. It must be really good for guys to want to do it and encourage each other to try it out. We have a strong marriage and I love me some Chuck, but who couldn't go from great to GREATER? Don't you know the first day was on patience. They need to make a Love Dare for Parents!! That is definitely where I need some patience!

Anyway, thanks for stopping by. I will have some scrap stuff this week I promise. I am working on a mini album and I will post pics soon. Have a WONDERFUL day!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first speech and on running your first 1.75 miles. Can't wait to see your mini album. Don't forget La Verne's challenge, that is one awesome RAK filled with goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Fantastic on reaching and meeting your goals! Public speaking and physical challenges!...huge!

    Tell us more about this "love dare".

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete